- Venue opens at 10:00am
- Event hours are 10:30 am – 10:00 pm
- There will be very limited parking. Metro and Uber use is recommended
- ALL AGES!!!
- Where is The Explosion? Salsa with Sylvia Dance Studios in Washington, DC
- When is The Explosion? August 25th, 2018
- What is MadeforKobina: The Explosion? The explosion is a full day of dance, focusing on different Urban styles, from Afro-beats to dance hall to Hip hop, and our vision is to bring D.C, Maryland and Virginia (DMV) together to celebrate culture, learn something new, have fun and bring the DMV Dance community together! The Workshops run from 10:30am-7:30pm and the social will be from 7:30 pm-10 pm
- How much is the cost of attending ONE workshop? $15 online or $20 at the door (Purchase of one workshop/class includes 1. Admission to the workshop 2. Admission to the social 3. 1 raffle ticket. ALL ADDITIONAL RAFFLE TICKETS ARE $2)
- Do I have to attend a workshop to attend the social? NO! If you would like to attend the social alone, the ticket is $5.00 (Inclusive of a $2 raffle ticket)
- When will the raffle prize winners be announced? During EVERY workshop and at the social!
- Can I buy my ticket(s) at the venue? Yes!
- I purchased my ticket online, where do I pick them up? Upon Entrance, we have a list of attendees who purchased tickets for each class
- Is the social included in the ticketing price for the workshop? Yes! A ticket for a workshop includes the following: Entry to the workshop, Entry to the Social & a $2.00 raffle!
- Can I just purchase a raffle ticket? YES! –> Please send us an email and one of our team members will be able to hold your ticket or give you the ticket in person.
- Can I just purchase a ticket for the social? YES! The ticket is $5.00 (Inclusive of a $2 raffle ticket)
- I can no longer attend a class, will I get a refund? Unfortunately, tickets are non refundable, BUT tickets are exchangeable. Send us an email with the class you would like to attend instead.
- Where can I park? The studio is located about 2 miles from downtown DC at 3232 Georgia Ave. NW, Suite 104, Washington, DC 20010. Easily accessible by car or public transportation (Columbia Heights or Petworth Metro stations on the green line as well as bus H70). The venue does not have its own designated parking but there is street parking in the neighborhood and meter parking on Georgia Ave. The main entrance is on Georgia Ave. and it is street level, no steps or stairs, easily accessible by people in wheel chairs or families with strollers.